Taylor H. Fouser
Taylor represents health care facilities, insurance companies and professionals involved in litigation ranging from medical malpractice to personal injury to professional malpractice. Taylor has an unceasing inner drive to continue to learn and to stay up to date with the latest legal trends, which allows him to see the big picture, effectively assess the risk and develop a sound strategy to best assist his clients. Taylor also has an ability to connect with jurors using technology and effective oral argument, and has been involved in litigation – in one way or another – since he was 8 years old.
Taylor is a graduate of the Idaho State Bar’s Trial Skills Academy, a two-day intensive program where participants practice all aspects of trial skills, including: voir dire, opening statements, witness examination (direct and cross), authenticating exhibits, impeachment, making objections, and closing arguments.
Taylor’s prior legal experience includes:
- Working as a staff attorney for the Honorable Patrick H. Owen (retired), Idaho Fourth Judicial District Court, where he helped assist in drafting judicial opinions, observed countless hours of courtroom argument and trial, and developed a deep appreciation for the hard work done by judges and their staff.
- Serving as a judicial extern for the Honorable Edward J. Lodge, United States District Court for the District of Idaho, where he worked on federal court case opinions and honed his writing under the tutelage of experienced judicial clerks and judges. Judge Lodge is Idaho’s longest-serving judge who has since taken senior status.
- Interning in the corporate law practice of McDermott & Associates, solicitors while studying abroad in Dublin, Ireland.
- Member, Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Member, Idaho Association of Defense Counsel (IADC)
- Member, Young Lawyers section, Idaho State Bar (ISB)
- Taylor played on approximately 60 different intramural teams during undergraduate and graduate schools (while almost always still attending class), including: soccer, basketball, volleyball, broomball, ultimate Frisbee, and quidditch.
- When he was 6 years old, Taylor’s patience paid off and after two days of waiting outside the Today Show, he was finally interviewed by Al Roker.
- He is the only person in his family with red hair.
- When Taylor was 15 he focused too much time on playing video games and was ranked in the top 55 in the world in FIFA Soccer…he has since retired.
- Boston University Questrom School of Business, B.S.B.A.
- University of Idaho College of Law, J.D.
- Member, University of Idaho College of Law National Moot Court Team and his team received the “Best Brief” award
- Participant, McNichols Moot Court Competition