Marisa S. Crecelius
Marisa defends clients in bad faith, complex business litigation and employment cases. Her experience as a law clerk in three Idaho courts – Idaho Court of Appeals, Fifth District Court in Minidoka County and the Snake River Basin Water Rights Adjudication gives her great insight into potential challenges and issues in a broad range of cases.
Marisa defends clients in bad faith, complex business litigation and employment cases.
Her experience as a law clerk in three Idaho courts – Idaho Court of Appeals, Fifth District Court in Minidoka County and the Snake River Basin Water Rights Adjudication gives her great insight into potential challenges and issues in a broad range of cases.
Marisa finds the law fascinating and she relishes in researching, preparing, and presenting legal argument regarding unsettled issues of law. She has a strong track record of briefing and arguing complex legal issues. Marisa’s prior litigation experience includes:
- Working as an associate attorney at a Boise-based law firm where she represented clients in the areas of personal injury, governmental liability, civil rights, premises liability, aviation liability, trucking liability, employment law, general negligence, and wrongful death. She represented clients in courts throughout Idaho, as well as the Idaho Supreme Court and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals. In this role, Marisa:
o Obtained a defense verdict in a weeks-long premises liability trial in which she served as second chair
o Obtained successful summary judgment in several areas, including economic loss, statute of limitations (SOL) and statutory interpretation.
- Working as an associate attorney at a Boise-based insurance defense law firm in the areas of personal injury, construction defect, work site injuries, premises liability, real estate law, property disputes, and employment law.
- Serving as a law clerk to the Hon. John Melanson (ret.) at the Idaho Court of Appeals where she prepared draft appellate decisions and bench memoranda. Marisa worked on the premises liability case, Antim v. Fred Meyer, which defined the notice standard for landowners in slip-and-fall cases involving their customers.
- Serving as a law clerk for Hon. John Melanson (ret.) at the Snake River Basin Adjudication 5th District Court in Twin Falls, Idaho where she composed drafts of memorandum decisions and orders within the context of a general water adjudication. She also assisted in the composition and streamlining of proposed procedural rules for the North Idaho Adjudication.
- In law school she worked for the Office of the Washington State Attorney General at Washington State University where she worked closely with Division staff on complicated employment law, environmental law, water law, administrative law and Constitutional law projects. In this role she wrote draft responses to administrative agency complaints at the Washington Human Rights Commission.
Prior to law school, Marisa served as an intern at the United States Senate for Senator Larry E. Craig in Washington, D.C. She also worked for the United States Forest Service’s Rocky Mountain Research Station in Moscow.
Marisa is admitted to practice in Idaho.
- Member, Idaho Association of Defense Counsel (IADC)
- Marisa is the ultimate Priest Lake Adventure Guide. Having spent her childhood summers at her family cabin, she and her sister Kara solved mysteries, traversed hundreds of logs, fished in many a creek (pronounced “crick”), and picked gallons of huckleberries. As a former waitress at Cavanaugh Bay, she also explored the wilds of Elkins, Hill’s, and Millie’s. Whether you’re looking for a hike or good time, Marisa can show you around Idaho’s Crown Jewel.
- As a high school softball player, Marisa once fouled off 16 pitches during a 20-pitch at-bat. Then, much to the chagrin of the pitcher, she walked.
- As a Senate intern in Washington, D.C., Marisa was a fantastic U.S. Capitol tour-guide, where she told many tall tales and met folks from all over the State of Idaho. She also witnessed U.S. Supreme Court Justice William Rehnquist preside over President Clinton’s impeachment trial.
- University of Idaho, B.S. in Political Science
- University of Idaho College of Law, J.D.
- Ranked 1st overall in the McNichols Moot Court Competition
- Co-founder, vice-president, and president; Public Interest Law Group. Under Marisa’s leadership, this group organized and held an Alternative Spring Break trip to New Orleans in 2006 to help aid victims of Hurricane Katrina.
- Member, Women’s Law Caucus