Jeffrey N. Street
Jeffrey represents health care facilities, insurance companies and professionals in medical malpractice, complex business litigation and insurance defense cases.
Jeffrey’s prior experience includes:
- Serving as the Director of Workforce Management at BNSF Railway in Fort Worth, Texas. In this role, Jeffrey prepared briefs for collective bargaining agreement disputes and argued their merits in arbitration, he argued over 200 cases in arbitration and was the lead representative for BNSF in cases involving former employees attempting to return to work after claiming a permanent disability, he served as lead negotiator for local and system-wide collective bargaining agreements, and he handled labor disputes for a territory that included eight states and over 6,000 employees on BNSF’s Southern Transcon and Powder River coal routes.
- Working as an associate attorney at a law firm in Grand Junction, Colorado where he represented local businesses in general litigation matters and private clients in family law matters. In this role, Jeffrey first chaired a trial in a Colorado Fair Debt Collection Practices defense case and he obtained a voluntary dismissal with prejudice from opposing counsel without incurring any costs for his client shortly after arguing a summary judgment motion on a breach of contract claim.
- Serving as a judicial extern to Judge N. Randy Smith of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit where he developed an electronic database of 9th Circuit cases assigned to Judge Smith and assisted with legal research on issues presented on appeal.
Jeffrey provides pro bono legal services to indigent clients through the Idaho Volunteer Lawyers Program (IVLP). He assists clients with filling out court paperwork, educates clients on the Idaho Small Claims Court process, and represents clients in landlord-tenant, family law, and small business matters.
Jeffrey is admitted to practice in Idaho and Colorado.
- Idaho Association of Defense Counsel (IADC)
- Idaho State Bar, Employment & Labor Law section, Member
- Idaho State Bar, Health Law section, Member
- Idaho State Bar, Young Lawyers section, Member
- Jeffrey placed 3rd in a Georgia statewide math skills competition during his junior year in high school
- Jeffrey rushed the field with his brother and the rest of the Vandal fans after the University of Idaho won on a two-point conversion in the 2009 Humanitarian Bowl.
- He was an intramural ultimate frisbee champion at both the University of Tennessee and the University of Idaho.
- University of Tennessee, B.A. in Legal Studies
- University of Idaho College of Law, J.D.